Monday, August 17, 2009

Trying to figure out which is luckier ...

Me or the cat ...

Coming back from gaming, which means a cruise up the motorway. Not many others around, so it's an easy 70mph cruise hoping not to fall asleep (had a couple of mugs of coffee so no problem there). So I have one eye on the road and the other on the Audi that's about to overtake me.

Hmm ... what's that white thing on the road just ahead ?

CRIKEY ... SWERVE ... BOING ... (that'd be the suspension on the car sorting itself out after the swerve) ... *!*%*"%£££$ ... Phew !

White cat, in my lane in just about the right place to get flattened by my passenger side wheels. Think we both got lucky, as I saw the little blighter in time to do the big swerve, with not much time wasted in the "CRIKEY" part :-)

Anyway - white cat goes left, I swerve to the right around him, Audi in the middle lane has kittens as I nearly take his nose off, end result one live cat and an intact set of bumpers.

I reckon the biker on the way there has his days numbers though. He was doing a steady 80mph cruise in the outside lane. Except when a car in the inside lane was about to overtake something. Then he'd move into the middle lane. Good job I was keeping an eye on the idiot (standard procedure, assume all others on the road are idiots and it'll mean less dents for you) as he chose to move into my intended lane while technically in my blind spot. Watched him do the same to another car a minute or two later as well.

Fun gaming session, no dents, a smile and a Teacake From Heaven from the Little Canteen Girl, good day all round. Oh and I'm still getting mileage out of making things explode inside the computers at work.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the cat was ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good result all round though I suspect you and the cat both had a small heart attack.

    Bikers can pull some silly stunts. I especially get annoyed by scooter yoofs who hang in my blind spot and weave through traffic. I frequently have small heart attacks when they're around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:02 am

    Yikes Pete!

    Glad you and the cat are both okay, not to mention an intact set of bumpers lol.

    We've had a few of those kind of near misses and they always freak me out!

    Though it does intrigue me ... what was the cat doing on the motorway in the first place??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure there with motorway cat - if I remember right, he'd have had to roam a bit to get on to the motorway ...

    Could have been another white-furred (or white due to headlights) feline looking creature, it was after something that had been whacked earlier ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.