Friday, November 28, 2008

2000 tracks in the iTunes library

Following on from Monday's post ... I've been a bit of a bad person today.

I've been after new shoes for a while to replace my work shoes which have been steadily falling to bits on me. Think cheese grater for soles, plus a rip in the leather due to fatigue. It's taken me a while because I wanted something different to the Clarks shoes I've had for something like the last 5 times I've bought work shoes. I ended up getting Clarks again - mainly cos everyone else asks for £40 for the shoe, plus another £40 for the designer label to put on the shoe. And I hate getting extorted for something which adds absolutely no value whatsoever.

That's not why I've been a bad person though :-) The post title gives it away. Got four more albums to add to the collection, which takes me over the 2000 mark in the iTunes library. I'm importing them at the moment while catching up on a few Star Treks. I could have gone through that 2000 before but soundtrack albums don't really work that well on iTunes. So what did I get ?

Good few albums available in the sales at the moment in 2 for £10 offers :

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Portishead by Portishead (listened to most of that in the car on the way home)
Evanescence - Fallen
Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

3 are a good bet and I'm hoping for good things from Evanescence. What I've heard from them so far has been very good. It's just a shame I can't acquire albums from Suzanne Vega, Lene Marlin or Edie Brickell in the high street shops any more. That'll be for Amazon when I get around to it. Oh, there's also a Julianne Regan album out there too that I'd like to get my hands on.

Heh heh heh - at least I didn't walk out of Cabot Circus with any more games today :-)

2 comments:

  1. If you ask me nicely I can give you a CD with Suzzanne Vega on. Especially seeing as your only in Bristol and I'm in Weston:) Enjoy your new tunes while walking in your new shoes, new shoes make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [biggrin] cheers :-) It's only the really new ones I'm missing though ...

    Beauty and Crime for Suzanne Vega
    Volcano and Stranger Things by Edie Brickell
    3 by Lene Marlin

    Seems that for Suzanne Vega and Edie Brickell (and other artists too), it's as if the shops seems to have drawn a line under them with their collection cds.

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.