Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Under Observation

Mall trip tonight - acquired one thing for gaming, didn't bother acquiring a couple of other things I might have ... Partly cos the record shops don't seem to want to sell the cd's I'm after.

One of the things I like to do when at the Mall is to sit with my dinner and watch people go by. Discreetly and without staring of course, so I don't end up being slapped. It seems kinda peaceful to be still amongst the bustle. I tend to go for nice quiet spots away from the noisier Mall Denizens.

Imagine my surprise when I realise I'm being watched ... Tonight's spot just happened to have a rather cute young lady not too far away. Funny that ;-) However, I think it was me getting watched more than the other way around. It started with a curious sensation of being watched, which was kinda natural because I was at about 1 o'clock to Cute Artist Girl's eyeline.

And then the notepad comes out ... I'm not quite sure what she was up to as the notepad was accompanied by a biro. The pen strokes didn't seem to be the type of writing pen strokes though, they seemed to be the longer, more sweeping strokes of a picture. (Did I mention that I try not to stare at people ?) I don't mind being watched, I take it as somewhat of a complement that someone finds me interesting enough to keep an eye on. For a fairly private person I do love having attention.

All good things have to come to an end though and it's a weird coincidence that when I started to get moving, Cute Artist Girl gets moving too ;-). That notepad had been away for a little while too.

I didn't get a name, I didn't get a peek at that notepad but what I did get, from halfway through when the notepad was out was a shared smile. Brightened my day :-)

2 comments:

  1. what a cool romatic story!

    you must go back at the same time, same place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder if there will be a Cute Artist Girl at the new shopping area in the centre of Bristol ...

    It opened last week and my curiosity will probably take me there this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.