Monday, September 10, 2018

Two mechs enter. One Mech leaves.

Curious isn't it ?

The catch phrases that stay with you and that you keep using sometimes come from really poor sources. In the case of that last one, it comes from Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome where the law is Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves.

A crazy film ... probably the second best of the 3 Mel Gibson Mad Max films. (The second is the best in my opinion). The newest Mad Max with Charlize Theron stealing the show is the best one in a crazy series of super daft movies. Must watch that newest movie again sometime.

I need someone to draw me a MechaSleepyDwagon at some point too :-). Maybe spoilers for why I want it. I have someone in mind .... They're called Alex Foxtrot Whiskey and here's a link to their site. And .... ideal post thumbnail pic !
I was quite chuffed and impressed when the Alex delivered that and its fellows on the big pic.

Just had my tea actually. I don't think there will be any gaming tonight. Pain level has gone into moderate level with occasional yelpy spikes. I'll be ok there, just my body telling me to have an easier night than usual without dipping into the games.

They've been frustrating ... As I mentioned in the last post, I tried checking out the Battletech Roguetech mod. It vastly expands on the equipment available and opens up all sorts of possibilities with the engines of destruction that you control in game. But ....

Modding in the Dragon with Tea icon from the last post apparently irretrievably broke my profile (I got it up and running with a different email address) and that was the start of problems. I eventually did get the mod running but .... got frustrated and tired with it.

A video series on that would have been an utter nightmare.

I haven't been in Warcraft for just over a week as well .... I think I just found other things to play and watch ! Many streams have been on. Oh and the Warcraft playstyle tends to aggravate the pain issues instead of alleviate them.

Other games ? I did really enjoy watching the cricket over the weekend. It's been a classic series where one side seems to be on top. Then they blow their advantage. One side seems to have blown it. And then come out on top of the other team. That's what we need in sport. Predictability leads to boredom. Cricket depends on wickets falling, the mostly unpredictable event. However .... the wickets are usually set up by the bowler out thinking the batsman and coming out with something that's a huge surprise.

That's the plan at least. One of the issues I have with the Battletech game is that almost all of the missions see you outnumbered 2 to 1. Never 4 or 5 enemies facing your 4 mechs. Always 8. Or 9. Or more. Without an ongoing campaign to hook me in, I got bored with that.

I tried out one called Frontier Pilot Simulator. Here's a pic from their site :
I think this one is highly promising. It could well herald a video or two.

What is it ? It's an early access game set on an alternate near Earth planet in a scifi universe.

The game sets you in the pilot seat of an advanced helijet. The engines you see on the wings there rotate forward and back to move you around. But ... you quickly find out that's not a good idea because while they're pushing you forward, they aren't holding you up and you plummet like a rock.

They've also implemented ground effect, which is something we see on today's helicopters as well. As they get close to the ground, the rotors that make lift by furiously pushing air downwards get more effective ... The air being pushed down bounces off the ground and pushes the aircraft up more.

This gets rather tense as you're maneouvring over a landing pad that's raised up from the ground. The differing levels of ground effect lead to the aircraft trying to tip over. It's an early access in development game but it looks like they have a really sound flight model.

And all of that is far better shown in a video. Where of course you will see me pinpointing perfect transits and making landings with no issues.

Oh look ! A pig is flying by the window !

The weekend finished off with a dose of Stellaris ... The current game is with a race style I don't play much, it's a bunch of goody goody Federation builders ... With suitable ships :
And the Fleet has grown since then.
I nearly quit out of that game but it's developing nicely. The first war I'll carry out will involve invading an enemy's space via a wormhole. Sounds familiar doesn't it ? But a tad reversed .... I don't have to do that yet so I'm watching the enemy while they fight it out with another neighbour. If one gets strong, I'll attack the strong one before they take over the weaker one.

Lots of scope in that game.

It's been too long since I've been in the books too ! I'm still midway through XWing Wraith Squadron - Iron Fist. I may go back to that one tonight.

Later !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.