Wednesday, September 19, 2018

This will likely be very random.

There ! You were warned.

Now let's see what random thoughts are in my head :
Quite.

I've been ... cruising along is probably the right term for it ? Work is busier than usual ... and there's a change coming there too. More on that in the next month or so when we figure out what it's going to be. I'm highly valued where I am at the moment ... but the boss people are actually quite supportive and want to put me in a spot where I'll be happier. Quite where that be depends on what the best fit is ... and that will need a little thought and not rushing into things.

As per usual, I'll set things up so they don't have to chase me (too much) for "Sleepy how do that ?"

That's enough about work though. It's often a challenge (be boring if it wasn't), always fun and there are some great people around in the team who politely laugh when I unleash daftness on them. That can happen a fair bit. Because if I draw out chuckles from them, that cheers me up a lot.

I like being around people who chuckle at the daftness.

Check this daftness out :
Yes.

You are right.

It is an abomination of a race car. TRUE ! I fully admit to that. Stands out though. I've been enjoying playing Motorsport Manager again. It's early days (and I've injected a huge amount of cash to allow me to skip the early game, finish last all the time but grind for money) but at the start of season 2, the team will start to challenge the leaders ...

It's a great game for the strategy person who is also interested in motor racing. The racing side of it seems very nicely done and gives believable (and quite challenging to win) races. The strategy side between races has its contrivances like the money model working per race instead of per month like is usual for things like salaries. The workers don't get paid in the off season ! But outside of that, it is an incredibly sound and accessible racing managing game and I'd heavily recommend it to anyone interested in that. It's a rare game that is harsh and fair at the same time. If you make mistakes in this one, you'll be punished. But the logic behind it is impeccable. The game stemmed from a mobile game, which was simpler but also pretty good.

There will likely be more screenshots from Motorsport Manager but it's one I'll enjoy playing offline.

Roguetech might get another look too, although I'm waiting for patching with that one. The mod requires the current beta patch, which has a few issues.

There will be another video at some point ... all plans to do that in Roguetech were abandoned due to how awkward I found it to set up (self inflicted wounds with a mod).

What's the video about ? I need to open this game again soon ! I kinda want to do that when I can record though, which needs quiet time and enough concentration to be ok with the voice and not make a total hash of it. I will be coming out with Firefly quotes like ...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar ... closely followed by :
Did something just fly off my gorram ship ?
(Battery compartment !) Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal ...
This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
Firefly was an amazing series full of wonderful, interesting characters. It would be wonderful to pay a little homage to it while making a video about a futuristic frontier pilot.

More quotes ! From Serenity courtesy of IMDB and from the Firefly series courtesy of wiki people. Go peek ! I bet you'll be chuckling and laughing within the first few lines.

I've also been spending the time in Stellaris ... The plan for this game didn't start out this way ... but it kinda turned into seeing how long we could go without going to war, while still being strong. We managed 205 years before I got pulled into a war by the other people in the Federation. I actually quite enjoyed that unintentional pacifism, enough to perhaps try an actual Totally Pacifist race ...

They fight to defend themselves ... but the one I'll do will have issues with talking to other people. Could be a good one for the Star Trek Next Generation ship models mod that I have waiting.

Anyway. Stellaris was left last weekend in about 2425, with a War In Heaven about to break out. Not decided yet which way I'll go in that ...
An older map ... My mob are now in a federation with two of the races at the top and we spread into all that empty space over to the right of the map.

Talking of starry things ...
Advent is sorted ...

One last random thought .... I'm up to 3202 tracks listened to so far on the laptop ! A few have been favoured by the random number generator and listened to 3 or 4 times so far. There is still only a 1 in 5 chance (rounded) of a repeat track ... Must get the new Ting Tings album soon. They do great music.

Hmm.

Just listening to the lead track off their coming soon album. Could take some getting used to. Wrong Club is amazing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.