Saturday, March 24, 2018

Hibernation time - wake me in a week

Well,

Maybe not quite a week. There might be cricket to be watched tonight and the Formula 1 season is starting again. Plus more to do in the week. Oh ! Don't forget :
Yep. At least one of your clocks is getting to that time when it's correct for half of the year. My plan is to stay up tonight to watch the cricket and the motor racing. As per usual, I'm not convinced that the plan is going to go that way ...

Let's see :

I had planned to be out of work and into lazy mode by about 1.30 yesterday. It didn't quite work like that. I'm usually later in on a Friday (although I still have to be careful to get to the car park before it is full) but with the time credit I build up during the week, usually escape much earlier. I ended up escaping at about 3.30 having had zero lunch along the way. Oops.

Things were getting done, stuff was being sorted and pins were being pulled out of grenades (not enough stuff was being sorted by other people). But that's work and I don't like to talk too much about what I do at work on here.

I've been looking to keep up with the cricket and the motor racing ... the cars have been good, race tomorrow will be interesting. The cricket ? Let's just say I fast forwarded through a lot of rain overnight. I may be having other things keeping my attention overnight.

Another part of the plan was pizza .... cos if I'm not intending to sleep then I may as well indulge that other guilty pleasure. If I'm not sleeping then the acid isn't so much of a problem.

Pizza wasn't great. First they forget the order, then they redo the order and quite possibly rush it through the oven. Never rush food ... it comes back to bite you if you do. I'm pretty sure it was undercooked and I've ended up only having half of it. (This was from the place I can walk to and back before the pizza goes cold)

Yep. Week off this week, before Easter. This time of year always feels like a bit of a grind to get through to Easter. It's probably the dark nights and the cold. People are partly solar powered I reckon. Oh and it's also performance reporting season, which is something I detest.
The original caption on that was something like "Day 37 and they suspect nothing".

I think I have some of that imposter syndrome thing. I'm pretty good at what I do but I have a really hard time believing that outside of things people say. Perhaps the humility behind that is part of being good at what I'm doing ?

Maybe.

It does help when I get feedback. Things like the Space Dwagon logo, the feedback I've been given on that has confirmed that it met its aim - of going for the cute. I like making cute things. It does help when I have ideas to drive that though. It'll be good to see the icon on stream as well later in the week.

But I would like to make logos for more people though and I've only had a 50% strike rate there so far. Or is it less. I must get the 2 "Yes pls" logos into a mod.

That's something that gets me down and messes with my head actually. I like to do things for people, show them things that I hope gives them pleasure or other happy feelings. So when someone says "Oh yes post a link!" and when I post the link, no one looks at it .... that's not good for my head.

I try and keep my head pointed the right direction by focusing on those who appreciate the gift of something happy and .... what's the right kind of phrasing .... be wary of those who ignore the gift.

You gotta look after yourself you know ? And for me that means concentrating on the good ones and avoiding the toxic, the rude or the .... apathetic.

Gosh, this one is going in a weird direction. I feel like I should be reaching for one of those "Stop typing now!" pics :-D.

Plans :

Watch the cricket and the motor racing;
Chill out as much as I think I can get away with;
Listen to a tonne of music;
Enjoy a load of videos;
Maybe play a few games;
Perhaps getting on the road for Special Things;
Talking to wonderful people over coffee;
Devouring tasty chocolate things shaped like eggs
Definitely get reading again.

I've been stuck in Revelation Space for a little while now ! Someone did give me some good ideas for an upcoming post though. We shall see where that goes :-D. (It involves playing more of a particular game).

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Someone else who watches F1!! We don't have Sky though, so have to wait for the highlight package at 1pm tomorrow. Don't dare post anything before then, or I might have to kill you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no spoilers from me ! One thing about staying up is that I don't have to social media blackout tomorrow to avoid seeing results or scores ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.