Monday, November 06, 2017

Timewarping again

It definitely feels like there's something messing with time at the moment.

Oh and ...
It's almost that time again ...

Nooo ! I don't mean Xmas. Nope. Birthday season again. I'm not telling how old I'll be. Let's just say that if you count the age on fingers, I need lots of help. That's not so bad though. Or is it ? (Haha)

I do feel more and more these days that my body is my enemy. My outsides are steadily improving, very slowly but definitely improving. That's a combination of leaving it alone a little more and figuring out adequate ways of protecting it. The biggest issue is that one of the damaged bits will hit a threshold where it is just damaged enough .... and then it'll get worse very quickly. The protection helps to put a brake on it getting worse. Most of the time. Perversely though, the usual advice of "put pressure on the leaking bit" is bad ... as pressure can actually make my damaged bits worse.

But it is getting better. It would be good to be finally rid of this malaise that's slowed me down far too much over recent years.

It's not just my outsides though. My leg muscles were my biggest asset when playing cricket, now they feel like they're out to get me. Lots of cramp and that cramp leading to painful minitears in those muscles that get hugely sore.

My ouchies at the moment are those legs that are out to get me, a side that is suffering from strain and/or more cramp and a shoulder that periodically feels disconnected again.

And then an energy state that is ... somewhat lacking too.

I did ponder doing the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) this year but quickly abandoned those plans, partly due to what I was getting up to last week ... My week pattern is usually throw myself into work, tire myself out and chill out in the evenings. On Nov 1, it was a cinema run ... can't remember what I was doing on Friday.

(Thor Ragnarok - go see it, it's huge fun).

No. Ideas are there and I should really write up a few of them but when I get home in the evenings, I want to chill out. I suspect that's showing in the much lower frequency of posts lately. More ideas are coming actually from watching things like Ice Road Truckers, where they struggle to deliver loads via roads that are only passable when there is ice to even them out. And then there's Stellaris ...

The latest game sees me trying out the new rules coming about faster than light travel between stars. I have a warrior monk race that's been a bit slow starting up. The first war against the neighbours ended in disaster. But they're a challenger now after 3 wars that very definitely went our way. I'm curious as to where this game goes, it's good in a strategy game when you can reverse a bad start and come out ahead through better strategy.

Stellaris is responsible for a bit of timewarping too. I can start it up in the afternoon on a weekend and before I know it, it's dark and I'm late getting my tea.

But back to good times.

Yep. Birthday next week, Xmas markets open before then. I have plans ....

Friday pm should see me checking out the Xmas market here in Bristol. I miss the old Sausage-Inna-Bun. And I need shoes. My feet will hopefully be improved again to let me do the shoe shopping thing. I wasn't impressed with the shoe shopping potential up at the Mall last week. How can they justify £100 for a pair of shoes !! Crikey. I needs the sales and the bargains.

Next week will have a very fun evening watching Thor Ragnarok again.

It's worth it, honest and the company will be better than the film. And it's a great film too. Looking forward to it.

That's next week though, not many more to go until the Winter Break ! Gonna need it.

Me tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.