Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's message

After saying what I thought of the commercial side of 14th Feb (and threatened soppy music), here we go.

To my readers : I love you all !

That goes for the regulars (you know who you are !), the occasionals, the ones I have to cajole into having a look and all the random people who come here via "Next Blog" or google searches. Every hit logged makes me smile, especially those who know I have a Wall Of Text tendency yet still come back for more :-)

On to the music - soppy stuff in a semi-random order :

Let's Do It (Fall In Love) sung by that total legend, Ella Fitzgerald. Who's not singing along to that classic yet ?

Only Exception by Paramore. Quite possibly my favourite from all they've come out with so far. Another one I can sing along to ! And Hayley looks adorable in that video.

Valentine by T'Pau. Carol Decker and co were due for far more than just the 2 albums ...

Eyes Closed by Lene Marlin. Talking of putting out albums ... Lene Marlin has 4 out there already and I'm hoping for many more from this Norwegian lady with a fantastic voice. (that just happens to use a range I can harmonise with !)

Your Song from Moulin Rouge, sung by Ewan MacGregor. Need to watch that movie some time ...

Oh Boy by Duffy. Wow. And this didn't make the main album ?

Under Your Spell from the Buffy musical episode. Total magic. This scene is probably the highlight from the entire 7 series of Buffy.

Almond Tree by Hannah Peel. If you watch any of the videos here, watch this one. She's special. (Ok, maybe not strictly valentines theme but I adore her style)

Beautiful One by the Cardigans. This is from their early cute phase before their music got somewhat darker. Same enchanting Swedish voice (another I can sing along to!).

Incidentals by Alisha's Attic. Oh if I had a pound for every time I'd linked this stunner, I'd be able to afford my lunch tomorrow. Ok, dinner too and pizza on Thursday.

That's it for today :-) Hope you all enjoy what you've been getting up to today.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know half of those!
    One of my fave songs was on Jack on the journey home.
    Rat Trap by the Boomtown Rats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're definitely missing out if you don't try the :

    Hannah Peel and
    Lene Marlin (think you got me a couple of her cd's)

    And The Incidentals is one of the best songs I have ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.