Tuesday, September 06, 2011

New car soon

It's the long running saga of the car again !

Been busy since last week. Car stuff is the highlight.

Leg got checked out on Thursday, although I need to get it looked at again. It looks "miffed" or "slightly peeved" at me now, instead of the angry scabbiness of last week. Much improved but a doctor needs to see it to lock down the cause. Once you know cause, you can figure out how to stop it. I reckon I'm on to something with it being allergy related, last time I bought washing powder blobs I changed due to thinking what I was using has affecting me. I have a feeling I went the wrong way with the allergy stuff.

So that's my leg, looks like it's improving. Must put more of the cream on it to help it improve.

Car stuff ! Progress here, as I went to see my mum & dad for the weekend. The excuse was that my sister had acquired some tickets for the Senior European Masters golf tour at Woburn which was not far down the road from my sister's place. More in a bit.

That left Saturday to do Stuff, as we weren't at the golf until Sunday. Loose end ... what can we do ? Quick trip to Lincoln to have a look at a car ... I don't think I'll buy the car I test drove in Lincoln but I will definitely go for one very much like it. It was a Lexus CT200h, leather seat model with the satnav. The satnav is expensive but it's not just a satnav, it's a fairly comprehensive computer for the car. I think the stereo is better with it too.

How was the car ? It's very shiny. The CT is a medium sized luxury hatch that's built around a hybrid powertrain. Translation - it can Go with either a proper engine or a motor. Or the motor can help out the engine with you want to go faster. The motor means pulling away is extremely smooth. Smooth is definitely the word for this car, it's probably the most refined car I've ever driven. What I wasn't expecting was blistering performance, which you don't get. But it still gets up to speed quite nicely, especially when you put it into Sport mode.

Yes - I know what my next car will be. What's holding me back is price. I can afford it but what they're asking for is more than I think they should be. I have the luxury of being able to wait this time, with no major work anticipated on the car.

Golf watching ...

We didn't actually do much of this. When we got there, it was starting to get a little damp, although it help off while we had a cup of tea. However, when we headed out on to the course to watch the play, the heavens opened. This wasn't just drizzle, this was full on Noah's Ark rain. Standing water on the greens kind of rain. It got into everything, some of my stuff may still be drying out next week.

We didn't hang around to watch the resumption, heading off to get dry. So the golf was a bit of a letdown but we'll try again some time. After drying off, we had a great dinner at the Fox & Hounds in Riseley. If you're in the Bedfordshire area I'd advise checking them out.

Had Monday off due to anticipating lots of travel. Needed it too because on Monday morning I was extremely crabby due to combination of driving at least 400 miles with another 180 to come, coupled with doing a Drowned Rat impression on the Sunday.

Looking forward to the weekend already, although I won't be looking at cars this time. Instead there's cricket on the Friday, England rugby on the Saturday and Formula 1 action on the Sunday. I shall be glued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.