Sunday, April 06, 2008

See ? Snow ! :-)


But not too much of it any more. Thought I'd better capture the evidence before it all disappeared again. The car in the foreground is my faithful little puddycat, the snow doesn't show up very well on the silver but it's more visible on the windscreen. It's currently 10.20am here and the location of the houses means my car's in the shade. That's why it's probably the only car around with snow still on it :-)

Makes it a little more interesting in most of the winter for de-icing but that's where a front screen heater comes in very handy. It also means that in summer, I can sit in my car in the morning without having a burnt behind :-) That was the only disadvantage of the leather seats in my last car, they scorched your bum when they got hot. I've been back to cloth in this car though.

(addon - it's now 10.45am and that snow is all gone !)

Addon 2 - it's now 5pm and I got prompted to look out the window by an email from CK saying that the snow hadn't lasted long. This is the scene outside :


Poor Chronos, in his chair again wearing an absolutely disgusted expression on his face due to noticing me open my upstairs window again to take the piccy above that I'm calling "Snow Cat". Those little white streaks on the picture is snow, although it might need a clicky to make the picture large enough to see them.

7 comments:

  1. the snow cat photo is wonderful when you enlarge it! love the look on the cat's face, it says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Snow Cat thought of sitting under the chair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped in to say "hi."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya TBB :-)

    You've been unusually quiet lately, hope you're feeling ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Chronos! If memory serves it was the briefest of flurries though! I think the weather was all snowed out from it's exertions in the South East where they had real snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow cat doesn't look to happy! Great shot of the snow. We had some weird stuff (snow, rain, & freezing temp) this morning and they delayed school for two hours.

    BTW, Michele sent me to say Hi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh heh heh - I think Snow Cat is thoroughly disgusted with me now ... my downstairs window doesn't get opened. Chronos has a tendency to climb in and then jump on you when you're not looking ;-)

    I've also never fed Chronos, however CK spoils him to make up for that :-)

    Snow didn't last long, think we're being shielded by Cornwall from the SW, the rest of England to the North and East and finally Ireland to the NW.

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.