Monday, March 27, 2006

Plots and pans

I think I've figured out when I'm going to upgrade the pooter ...

And I think I've gotten into a spending mood ... Telly's good. I've just watched Sin City and it definitely gets the seal of approval. Sound is pretty naff but then it always is. It's there for the picture though and that's impressively sharp and well defined. And that's on a stark, visual film like Sin City as well. The sound is only needed for watching stuff off air anyway as I have my surround speaker set for everything else.

Been looking at upgrading that as well though ... It's good and it has done the job adequately for many years now but it has "disagreements" with some of my cds where it just really struggles to play them without audio confusion.

Anyway, the pooter ... It's going to get its money spent at Easter, which will be when I'll be able to be in for long enough to be able to pick up the bits that'll be coming through. I'm having about a week off at Easter. For the why, I'll blame Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion, which I picked up on Sunday. My Thursday Thirteen this week is going to cover beautiful sights in gaming and Oblivion has already accounted for a few of those. And I can't run it like I'd like to because my current machine can only handle it at reduced resolution. To be honest though, it's an absolute cracker visually even with the really pretty stuff toned down.

World of Warcraft is pushing me away a bit at the moment I think. Or maybe it's the people. There's only so much ignoring you'll take before you start ignoring back and I feel a little ignored at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.