Sunday, February 09, 2020

Long time no post

Hello everyone,

(checks clock) 2 weeks since last post ! Haven't gone anywhere ... yet. Although I will have a week and a half away on business stuff. May post things while I'm out there .... depends on data. What's been happening since I've been quiet ?
Random stuff time !

Stellaris happened. I finished off the game where I was going for the Suffer Not The Alien achievement. (Murder everything as a fanatic xenophobe). Got the target ... but not the achievement. Bit annoyed about that but it's just a game. I started up another game, just to get the achievement yesterday. Hopefully it does, it'll have to wait though until I'm back from For'n Parts. The reason the achievement didn't happen was a bug ... a remnant of an event was left over and was blocking it.


Mass Effect Andromeda is also still happening ...
Pretty.

I've been having fun with this one since coming back to it. It's perhaps a bit too long, although that means there is tonnes to do in the game. There's also lots of interpersonal chat that goes on amongst the crew.

Windy here this weekend. I really should have acquired my fuzzy goodies yesterday but wasn't feeling it, so that happened today. I now have fuzzy things that will hopefully keep the cold off next week !

Still need to switch over my memory cards and move my pictures to the new card. One drawback of the Pixel phone is that it's very generous with what it does with data. So pictures taken with it get uploaded at the moment. I'm content with that because it makes it a lot easier to publish pictures from the phone on here. Instead of Bluetooth to laptop and then network share to desktop, it's a one step action. But it does mean that I have to be more careful of what I take pictures of. The proper camera can take better pictures too.

We'll see how it goes this week and next. I may actually be trading extreme weather here for extreme weather somewhere else.

It'll be good to travel again too.

Another couple of emotes got done - can't show those here though because they're modifications of someone else's art instead of being completely my own. I'm still at that point where I can do much better by modification than by pure creation. That said, the dragon drawings were getting chuckles still.

Politics - thought I'd mention those ... I try and keep this a completely politics free zone. But that doesn't mean I'm not affected by them as well or that I don't feel affected by the various issues. I just think that this should be a safe place where people don't have to think about the nasty stuff. You get that stuff pushed at you from all the other places, it's good to have a rest once in a while ?

That goes for the posts where people go "Repost so I know you'll listen". PLEASE ! Don't do that. It's a guilt trip for everyone involved. Both from the people like me who will eagerly lend a listening ear if someone needs to talk. And the people posting the Thing who then psychologically tot up who replied, who responded.

Just because I ignore all of the posts like that, doesn't mean I won't be replying to your Skype, Messenger or other message. I'll be eager to help anyone out best I can. Sometimes I help too much. That's just me. Sometimes hyperactivity makes me blind to how people are reacting to what I say. That's me too.

But at the centre - I like to help people. Whether that's answering problems, listening to things they need to discuss with someone or .... just bringing a smile or a chuckle.

Anything else occurring ? Easter is almost upon us ! Must tidy up the avatar pic from last post.

Someone read all my posts over the last week. I've been seeing the hits on the Google hit counter and I think it's been awesome to see someone so interested in what I've been writing. Don't worry about GDPR or similar from my end, all I see on the Google thing is Operating System (or phone), browser and country. I don't get any more than that. I have the Statcounter thing as well but I'd be very surprised to see that pick up anything. It rarely does these days, I suspect it gets trapped by adblockers. Which is ok. I run adblockers too.

But ! Person who's been checking me out ! You're awesome and all those hits make me happy. Thank you.

Elite - haven't played that for a while. I think there might be a connection to my wrists feeling better ... although that could be the Magnesium citrate tablets. Since starting those, I have had zero cramp. None.

Phone stuff - if you've got my numbers ... I'll be somewhere roaming doesn't apply for a while. So hold off on the texting or phoning. I'm hoping to have wifi access and data and have an alternate sim for while I'm out there.

I better get my dinner before it burns more ! Still need to replace that cooker. Still cooks things nicely though. See you hopefully sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.