Thursday, December 05, 2019

Advent actually Day 5 ! Starriness

Hello everyone,

Work Xmas Munchie thing today. It was good.

Instead of the typical thing where a heap (think 100+) people head off for the end of year munchie meal, my team has been doing a smaller one for the last couple of years. It's worked pretty well, we went to a place called 3 Brothers Burgers again today. Instead of the usual one bite feeds all (no it doesn't) sheep dip quality meal that you get from the big places, proper burger and tasty. I did take a pic but I'll hold it back until later.

(Erm - post ed - it's really badly affected by motion blurring so ... no pic)

It was a good burger, with great company from the team too. They're probably still going at it too in town. I've been feeling like I've been bouncing on the reserves point of my personal batteries though, so I headed off home between meal and inevitable pubcrawl.

What's behind the door today ?
I do like the X Wing starfighter. It's a good design (although it's done for looks more than what they actually do with the design). That's the thing with Star Wars stuff, it tends to look great ... but the actual functionality rarely makes sense. That's overthinking things though, they're still fun movies to watch.

Anyway - X Wing starfighter ... the wings allow for atmospheric flight, if a canny designer was involved there would be reaction control (roll and pitch) thrusters at the end of the wings and the pilot is smack bang in the middle. Having the thrusters far out means they're more effective. And the wings give a good spread for the laser blasters. If the pilot is at the middle of the craft at the centre of rotation, it means they are more or less immune to the forces involved when spinning, when yawing, pitching and rolling.

Yep. I like the X Wing ... and may have (counts on fingers) ... I think it's 5 Lego ones now.

The marshmallow it's sitting on is Salted Caramel flavour, which is one of the more subtle ones. Still a favourite and I'll pick up a packet of that flavour when I get chance.

The Mass Effect picture of the day is Liara T'Soni :
She's one of the favourite Non Player Characters from the series. You pick her up on a planet in the first game and she has a combination of soft, smart, innocent, gritty. The Mass Effect series was blessed with many great characters and Liara was one of the best.

The Elite prompt for the day was stars ... I was wondering how I'd do this one and then thought I'd try replicating a chalkboard picture style today. I'm still coming to terms with the tools on offer and instead of a Chalk style painting tool, I was using GIMP's airbrush on a black background. This was the first time I've used the graphics tablet in GIMP, so far I've only been using it in Painter Essentials.
I couldn't resist a couple of easter eggs again.

Here's one I screenshotted a while ago :
Hmm ...
Hopefully my sun came out ok. Ship's dodgy but I can live with that.
I think that's the one where I started looking for a place to hide from the sun.
That one was a pretty place.

Tired now. Off work tomorrow burning up that flexi credit (and replenishing the batteries).

Cya !

PS Actually need to open up the game again ! Haven't played since last week and I have a couple of screenshots I need to set up and collect ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.