Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Randomish Thoughts

I feel the need for a random thoughts post ...
Quite.

One random thought lately was about Advent and what I'll do this year. This one was triggered by waking up and seeing the collection of little Lego things from last year :
There is a lot of it and I'm not sure if I have the space for it all any more ! I do enjoy the Advent format though so I think I'll still do something adventy in December. Probably something like those calendars that have a suitable picture behind all of the doors. I did something similar a few years ago :
I definitely enjoyed that sequence (here's a link to the posts from that December). Something similar may happen this year.

And yes. I have no shame for talking about Xmassy stuff before it's even Autumn.

And I have been told off already for talking about Xmassy stuff this early in the year.

Currently watching a Rebel Galaxy Outlaw stream by the one and only FuzzyFreaks (who is lovely and I'd recommend her streams - adult levels of swearing though !). An interesting game. It's another space shooty combat game, pretty much all about the combat. Which is why I won't get it ... Fuzzy's having fun with it though. There's an absolute tonne of great music in it too. What I do want to go is go back into the original game, Rebel Galaxy which I drifted away from when I played it before.

Rebel Galaxy - you had battlewagons to fly around in;
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - you're flying a combat fighter;
Different scale. Outlaw is more around the Elite scale, which is another reason I won't switch over to it. I'm too invested in the Elites. I'm attempting to be more careful with the games I acquire because I just don't play probably half of them. I could spend that on Lego ! That I have little space for. May need to spend money on storage and chucking out of boxes.
The latest leg of the long journey home (don't buy that game, it had a nice concept but shockingly bad execution) saw me find a planet mostly ice but with blue canyons.
Nice. I've had a couple of evenings off Elite though because that long exploration run is feeling grindy. Only about 180,000 light years to go which works out to a minimum of 3,000 jumps. I'm good with sessions of about 120 jumps on weekdays and push it longer on weekends. I'll be cheating though by taking shortcuts via the neutron star highway.

I enjoy watching the streams too and I only have so many screens to watch things on. (Telly, laptop, 1x desktop screen).

Fuzzy is currently drawing something crazy on screen - in Elite, you buy the paint jobs through the Frontier store. In Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, you can paint your own ships. And apparently, there may be an option to have them 3d printed for you.

Random shift - cricket didn't happen last week but it looks like Jofra Archer is going to be a more than ample stand in for Jimmy Anderson who turned out lame last week. Apparently he got runs too ... which is a complete surprise after seeing what he was like batting in the World Cup !

Hopefully that'll let England bounce back in the next game. I have Kia Super League women's T20 on at the moment and it's half time. No idea who's going to win yet, which just adds to why you'd want to watch it.
Oh dear Lord, Fuzzy just drew a half naked man to adorn her spaceship. Oh dear.

Any more random thoughts ? It's happily a little cooler now, not quite as oppressively hot as it did get over the last few weeks.

I think the rest of tonight's going to be more chill out. I'll see you on the other side ....
NOOOOO ! Need the cookies !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.