Sunday, March 03, 2019

Preparations, Plots, Pizza ?

My mind seems a little fried still at the moment !

The bugs from last week must have had a bit of an effect. I'm still feeling the effects with a cough that isn't going away. (Feels like something stuck in the back of my throat being ticklish).

Hot chocolate helps.
That's a mk2 version of the Dwagon Pushes Coffee mug from last week. One of the streamer people who I occasionally watch is called Avery, aka Littlesiha (Twitch link). She's usually to be seen playing Just Dance and bopping along to it. She hopefully has as much fun playing and dancing as it seems on screen. Anyway, I thought I'd modify the mug to be a dancing Avery lady mug :-).

Still learning. I'm probably overcomplicating the drawing still as you can do some amazing things with simpler line art. Here's a childhood child favourite :
I don't rate his chances. That's from Calvin and Hobbes by the brilliant Bill Watterson. Check out his stuff.

But you look at what actually constructs that scene and the artwork is surprisingly simple. And very precise. I'm missing precision still.

But I'm having fun with it now that my brain seems to want to get back into drawing again after the bugs.
Anyone for pizza ? I'd like a bit of pizza.

Maybe Friday. That's the big day for car changing and it needs a little preparation ... which I think I'm pretty much there on. Hopefully won't forget anything this time. Let's see :

Registration document - got it;
Insurance all changed - sorted;
Extra key - found;
Blingy valve caps - gotta switch those (I use basic plastic ones because kids steal the metal blingy ones and set the alarm off)
Work car park pass - to do, early next week. There's no real rush here.
Empty all my rubbish out of the car - pretty easy because I try to keep things out of the car.
Can't think of anything else there. I'll wipe the car's memory as well before doing the handover.

I want to find where I put my Pebble extra battery for the phone, I haven't seen that since Roll4itcon in December. I suspect I've put it down somewhere and it's been covered up by books.

That's part of the plotting for Friday's pick up day actually. Plan is to head up to Cheltenham to do the switch in the afternoon and then I'll head back down the motorway with camera to take pics (and raid the fancy service station too). I'm planning to check out the viewing area for the Severn Bridges and then most likely, head into Cardiff for a wander.

Cardiff has books. Cardiff also has a Lego shop. (Mind you, Lego hasn't brought out many kits that I'm interested in lately).

I'll also undoubtedly pick up more music too as Cardiff has a few good shops for that as well. Film watching is likely too with Captain Marvel coming out this week. Should be good. I enjoyed watching XMen Apocalypse again on Friday evening.

My current book is Embers of War by Gareth L Powell and it's intriguing so far. Santorini by Alastair MacLean was excellent, I'll pop up a quick review of that one when I've drawn some Sleepy Does Cover Art for it.

One last one and then it's back to the penultimate episode of Stargate Horizons :
Not sure if that one has worked so well. But I think he's going to be enjoying those noms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.