Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brr - season's changed

It's definitely got a lot colder over the last half week or so.

I'm really noticing the cold snap come in. My current state of health is a lot to do with that for a few good reasons :

I think fighting bugs keeps me warm. Kinda like there maybe being a good side to being ill. The fever means you have your own little internal personal electric heater. I think the antibiotics have cleared out all the bugs though (definitely judging by my ankles being bony again).

It's definitely colder - the car is telling me the temperature is down below 10 degrees C often, last week it was 13-18 degrees C. In work, there are little thermo reactive strips in strategic places on the pillars. Those typically read 27 degrees C (ish - they're not exactly precise!), today they were reading 23.

Most important is that skin condition, it's meaning I can't wear long sleeves right now (although I possibly could have for second half of today - improvement !). I'm actively considering wearing a t-shirt under my shirt tomorrow as a kind of vest. I've not done that since school !

Getting really cold at the moment from having to leave certain bits of skin exposed to help them heal. I've turned the heating up at home (and have the PC doing work for SETI etc) but can't do much of that at work. Spookily enough, I think the atmospherics at work are actually helping me at the moment. It tends to be quite a dry atmosphere and that drying out seems to be helping the healing.

I know someone who used to be on the same project as me who'd feel cold on a hot day, she must be absolutely freezing at the moment. Hope she's ok. Not spotted her for ages, which is a shame cos that Sunshine smile she has brightens up the day.

I'm sparing a thought though for people across the Pond.

It's just cold over here at the moment, we're not having to contend with snow (yet) or other adverse weather. Yet there's Superstorm Sandy battering the Eastern parts of the USA. The USA is pretty huge, for a storm to be battering so much of it says a lot about how spectacular a storm it is.

Nature is a truly awesome power.

And I'll leave it there - hope the storm over the sea doesn't have too many lasting effects.

Oh - I'm in a quandary at the moment as to whether to go see the Doctor again. I had genuine improvement today after a scary (messy) evening yesterday. Let's just say the cream probably made things worse. What I need to do is leave things alone long enough for them to get quality healing. As for the Doctor today, let's just say GB's healthcare may be a lot cheaper than other countries but it's definitely not as accessible as it could be.

But it's a lot more accessible than a few places I could mention right now !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.