Sunday, September 30, 2012

May have overdone it a little ...

Noooo ...

I haven't been getting ambitious in the kitchen, although I saw some pictures of cakes earlier that looked incredibly tempting ...

Been watching lots of sport this weekend, as well as making a bit of a dent in the recorded stuff on the box. There's 2 massive events on at the moment, although I have my doubts about one of them.

Cricket has another world cup going at the moment, this time it's Twenty20 games. That's actually a very similar format to what I play, although they have daft rules in like needing to have a certain number of players close(ish) to the bat. We don't have the rule, although it works out similar.

International T20 games are hard to predict a winner before the game. In longer games, it's possible to rebuild if the side loses early wickets. T20 can get dominated by the ball very easily. I have mixed thoughts about whether or not it's good to watch, as the games can get one sided (and therefore boring) very quickly.

Anyone could win this tournament, now that we're in the "Super 8's" stage all of the sides can beat any of the other sides on their day. That makes it far more interesting than football or rugby tournaments where you'd only put money on 2-3 or 4 sides out of 16+. Football and rugby world cups have far too many poor sides in, which makes the early stages extremely tedious.

Anyway - there's been a bunch of cricket matches on this weekend and I've mostly watched them ... That is, I've typically had the pictures on (or cricinfo commentary) with the sound off so I can listen to either music or :

Ryder Cup's come round again.

I don't watch much golf, although I wouldn't mind trying it out again to see if it helps my shoulder and back stay loose and useful. That's another thing that has to be on hold though until I can rely on my legs and arms again. Soooo much is waiting for my skin to recover. I think it is, steadily and slowly ... I just have to give it the chance by avoiding self inflicted wounds.

Ryder Cup is something special. It comes around once every two years and is a matchplay tournament between 12 Americans and 12 golfers from GB & Europe. It can get very tense ...

And that's an understatement.

I've got it on at the moment, Europe have just drawn level at 10-10 with 8 games to go and need to draw 14-14 to retain the cup. It's going to be compelling viewing over the next couple of hours. Compelling enough for me to hide behind a popcorn bucket ? Maybe :-) Although I did have popcorn the other night while watching a bunch of Stargate SG-1.

But while I've watched lots of sport this weekend, that's not really where I've overdone things. All things in moderation of course. That is, except for grabbing more music for the library.

I've been enjoying listening to game soundtracks lately. And went a little berzerk acquiring more today. The damage today is another 133 songs, which will take 10.4 hours (stats from iTunes) to listen to. That's adding to another 139 songs over the last couple of weeks. Not all game soundtracks, I was impressed by Lisa Hannigan's first album (Sea Sew) and Proms Fever made me buy a Last Night soundtrack.

The last 3 months has seen no less than 593 tracks join the library ...

Perhaps that's overdoing it :-)

PS Since stealthing my wifi network, there's been Zero interference. That's going from at least one router reset per day to no resets in a few weeks now. Kinda proves that there's a naughty person out there trying to stop me listening to music ? LOL. At least I haven't had to spend cash to stymie them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.