Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Face, Sad Face

Life's often contrasts, things make you happy or make you sad in equal measure. I have a few of those at the moment :

Happy Face - my Battlefield 3 preorder came through today
Sad Face - looks like I need new stuff as the box says no Windows XP
(just means I chill out Sunday night and have a huge reason to not be lazy on Monday)

Happy Face - I should get those new bits on Monday for putting together later
Sad Face - I know that Better Stuff will be out by the end of the week
(Just means I go for less expensive bits and save 2 bits for later)

Happy Face - I have all sorts of great toys
Sad Face - no one around to share them with
(I love popcorn but I like hugs more)

Happy Face - I appear to be getting my leg back (the wound appears to be fading at last)
Sad Face - the days of me enjoying running around a cricket field seems like it's in the past
(shoulder and back don't have many games left in them)

Happy Face - Car's great
Sad Face - it doesn't understand me (it's great but not perfect)
(the voice commands have about a 50% success rate at the moment, apart from that the brain of the automatic gearbox is perfectly in tune with what I want it to do)

Happy Face - England annihilated India in the Test series over here
Sad Face - England got annihilated by India at their place
(not much really to say there !)

Happy Face - I'm on leave next week
Sad Face - the house is messy and seeing it will remind me
(I have a lot of cleaning up to do)

Happy Face - work is quiet
Sad Face - it won't be when the printer gets fixed
(work has its successes at the moment plus enough unexpected stuff to keep life interesting and "quiet" has nothing to do with the activity level, just the deciBels at my desk caused by a printer)

Happy Face - I show the car off to more people soon
Sad Face - lots of driving (that's not really a Sad Face though)
(curious to see what mpg I get on the long run)

Happy Face - Tis Birthday season
Sad Face - Amazon's wish list system seems rather broken
(been trying to order stuff for someone, that met with utter failure of the ordering system and their customer services)

Happy Face - Fireworks party next week
Sad Face - you kiddin' ? Tis Explosions !

And on that last, I'll leave it there and head off to my desktop PC for what could be its last gaming session. There can never really be a downside to recreational explosives. Ok, pet owners will definitely disagree there.

2 comments:

  1. We bought fireworks. LOTS of fireworks...... [laughs]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my eye on that drum display from Tesco ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.