Friday, June 24, 2011

More car nuttiness

Escaped from work earlier today and due to general traffic conditions, I ended up in the centre of Bristol.

Which is the side of the city that the Lexus garage lives ... Dangerous.
 
Actually had a look at them this time, although after finding out what I wanted to know I engaged the "Sort yourselves out before I consider talking to you".

The Lexus I'm after only came out at the end of last year, so used ones are only just starting to hit the market. You'd think that with a few thousand miles on the clock, they'd be a bit cheaper than new. Let's have a peek at what's out there :

New - option I'd go for is Cruise Control + sensible colour.
Base price - £25,200 (with leather)
Sensible colour - £510
Cruise control - £510 (satnav is not wanted but would be an extra £1850)
Total - £26,220, with satnav that would be £28,070.

There's a couple of CT's with leather in a Bristol Lexus and a bunch more appearing around the country on the used market. I saw 2 CT's today, one was £25.5k (not leather), the other was £27.5k.

That's only £570 off the price of a new one !!!! For a car with 5500 miles on the clock.

No thanks - general attitude to that is : "I will only set foot in your shop when you've sorted your prices out". With the price being so close, the only advantage to getting Used is that you get your toy NOW, instead of in 3 months. The major disadvantages are that there are miles on the car already plus you're forced to have a particular colour.

And the £27.5k car is yellow.

I have had a yellow car (and actually kinda liked it). The yellow showed a great contrast with the rustbeard that car had. I guess it's better than Prius White.

The really sad thing is that I had to go to the garage to find out how much they are looking for on this car, there seems to be a conspiracy among the Lexus garages where all but a couple of the prices for CT's have gone "POA". Which usually translates to "If you have to ask, you can't afford it". Let's just say - I can afford it, I just don't recognise there being any value in what they're asking and there's therefore no reason for me to entertain thoughts of spending money.

And I currently have the luxury of time, which I intend to indulge :-)

PS Also in the news - Return of the SNOW QUEEN !!!! Good for us, good for the IT Girl. Happy days.

2 comments:

  1. a Lexus!!
    fancy :)

    been thinking about you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexus = shiny !
    But still at silly prices.

    I can wait - I have the luxury this time of wanting to change the car instead of needing to :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.