Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Thirteen - Moar Music !

Yey - Thursday Thirteen time. The Cardigans made me do it :-) But first, quick summary of game last night :

Batted first. Opened innings with workmate. Ran him out first ball - MUAHAHA (gotta admit, I was shouting NO NO NO as he set off for a crazy one). Got 14 runs first time with new bat. Twisted my knee, aggravated hip problem. Near drowning in the rain when we fielded. Gave up early due to that rain, thoroughly enjoyed it.

On with the Thirteen ! First a link to the new home of Thursday Thirteens. Music again this time, with Youtube links where I can find them. What have I been listening to lately ?

1 - Cardigans. Thinking of Cardigans doesn't make you feel warmer but it does help when you're trying to remove irritating tunes from your head. Here's In The Round, the guitar combining with Nina Persson's vocals makes it my favourite game at the moment.

2 - Goldfrapp. Next album coming up on iTunes is Head First. It's not quite as good as Seventh Tree or Supernature but those are exceptional albums. They definitely have a Believer in me :-)

3 - Garbage. One from a little while ago. Topical too, when I'm slowed down by the injuries, I Push It even more. (Note - Really surreal video ...)

4 - Mansun. More cricket inspiration. I kinda missed the Wide Open Space that you get on a cricket field.

5 - Lene Marlin. Not too well known this lady from Norway but those who haven't heard of her have missed out. Here's You Could Have.

6 - Lisa Miskovsky. New one to me, I owe Amazon a little thanks here as I got my first track on a freebie. And then I bought the album ... Here's A Brand New Day and I'm wondering why I only have one of her albums ...

7 - Stranglers. Completely random track alert ! Not keen on most of what the Stranglers have done but Always The Sun is one of those all time classic songs. Definitely wasn't Always The Sun at last night's cricket ...

8 - B*witched. If it rains (like last night), you can always Blame It On The Weatherman.

9 - Lily Allen. While hoping Mr Blue Sky pays a visit. This is a bonus track from the It's Not Me, It's You special edition.

10 - Iron Maiden. Heavy metal groups often get a bad rap for being loud. That's wrong, the better ones just use more range, both quiet and loud. Here's Infinite Dreams off their Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album.

11 - Pink Floyd. Listened to The Wall again the other night, "We don't need no Thought Control, all in all you're just Another Brick In The Wall".

12 - Talking Heads. Last one of their albums I played was the Stop Making Sense life compilation but iTunes has decided it's time for a Wild Wild Life. (give the link a minute, the track starts at 2mins40) Live life to the full !

13 - Cardigans again. This one's from the Long Gone Before Daylight album and it's one of those songs that stopped me in my multitasking tracks when I heard it. Beautiful 03.45: No Sleep. I have a feeling that with the tiredness I'm feeling right now, at 03.45 I'll not have a No Sleep problem !

Right - I've run out of numbers, if you're a Thursday Thirteener and would like me to leave a link to your's, drop a link into the comments :-) Don't worry about putting in those html codes, I'll copy the link out below.

Linkbacks -
1 - Hootin' Anni on the gems of the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent list this week.

    Mine is HERE if you'd like to make time to visit with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some real classics there, and some I've never heard of. Will have to check them out. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite an eclectic mix but some great bands and tunes there!

    I won't pretend to understand cricket but I'm glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.