Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Frustration leads to ...

Desperate measures !

One of the things I've been watching again lately is Doctor Who. The repeats have just gotten to the end of season 4 and while I've been watching it on the telly off iPlayer through my cable box, the last episode just ... isn't ... listing ...

Grr !

Desperate measures time.

My newer laptop can't help this time, as the TV output on it is Round Peg Square Hole and doesn't fit the telly. So ...

Old laptop gets resurrected (first time in a bunch of months)
Network cable is stretched across the room to give it internet
Telly hook up cables
And hoping for a decent video considering it's old and tired

Here's the result :


Picture's a bit washed out from camera flash but there we have it, laptop beside telly feeding me Dr Who amidst a swath of cables.

Result :-)

Not a bad picture too, although I think I'm getting a taster of the improvements HD telly makes with the two screens side by side. I think the laptop picture is doing HD while the telly is limited to normal definition. Yep, there's a difference. Gotta be looking for it but there's a difference.

Right - time to get back to Dr Who before I pack away the old laptop again for another 6 months.

PS There's an impending crash, bang, wallop from when I trip over the network cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.