Saturday, May 23, 2009

More music !

One of my favourite themes is the music post, not done one for a little while. I like doing them because it gets me hunting Youtube for videos. I listen to a lot via iTunes, although that'll slacken off a little over the next few months because the cricket season will get me watching the telly instead of having a listen.

So what have I been listening to ? Here goes and as usual, lots of Youtube links :

I have a weakness for ladies with long dark hair and Natasha Khan of Bat For Lashes really does fit that stereotype. Excellent voice too. Here's an excerpt from a Later show of them doing Sleep Alone.

Time for another couple of snippets from Later, which had two ladies on last week, Lisa Hannigan and Little Boots (aka Victoria Hesketh). If you go by the stereotype, I'd have been looking to find out more about Lisa Hannigan. Yep, pretty with long dark hair and while her voice isn't as good as Natasha Khan's, it's still enchanting. Here's Lisa Hannigan's I Don't Know from Later Live. It didn't get to the Friday night Later show, which is a shame because the two tracks that did weren't as good. It's as if she got blown away by the other one who caught my eye on Later. Lots of potential here, needs more confidence to know that she is pretty good. The album's still a little more than I'd like to spend so I'll be waiting on this one.

Who's the other Later show lady ? Well, there were actually 3 ladies on Later, Lisa Hannigan, Annie Lennox and Little Boots. I do like some of the tracks that Annie Lennox and Eurythmics came out with but there's a phrase that says "retire gracefully". And that's all I'll say about Annie Lennox ... Little Boots on the other hand is just emerging into the pop scene and Remedy is one track from Later.

And because I think she's so good and because this one's been rattling in my head since I first heard it, here's Boyfriend. There's plenty more too at LittleBootsVideos. Incredible voice here and I'll be getting the album when it gets released in a couple of weeks.

Ok - to the complete surprise of all who know me, that's Sleepypete ignoring the highly cute dark haired girl to go chasing the blond one.

Who else has been gracing the playlist lately then ?

Been pleasantly surprised by Katie Melua and KT Tunstall, although I'm not too sure how much more Katie Melua I'll be buying. Bit bland ... although Shy Boy which I've linked in the last sentence touches a bit of my soul. On the other hand, KT Tunstall will keep me interested cos of the energy she injects into songs like Saving My Face.

Oh dear - that's the hair stereotype coming in again ... So to show I really go by the voice instead of the hair, here's a track from Lene Marlin's latest album. There's more available too from LeneMarlinTV on Youtube. And while I'm on incredible voices, here's Alison Goldfrapp singing Utopia. Truly incredible voice here.

Right - time to close with "something completely different". I've had this double album for quite some time now but haven't listened to it enough. The War of The Worlds by H.G. Wells has spawned quite a bit in the scifi world but this is one of the highlights. Thunderchild from the Jeff Wayne musical version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.