Thursday, March 26, 2009

Buy 2 Get 10 Free

First night this week where I have an evening to completely dedicate to chilling out :-)

Monday - would have been gaming but some people were missing and others were feeling ill. And I was heavily drained after a weekend of fixing things (see Techie Zone) and driving long distance.

Tuesday - Mall trip :-) Where I acquired 4 new cds for the collection and also where the title for this post comes from. I'm an electric toothbrush person and the toothbrush batteries were getting tired ... Batteries come in packs of 4 and I needed just 2. I went out of the shop with 12 :-)

Wednesday - shopping. (and a couple of later work nights in there too)

Tonight should be a good chill-out ahead of the 3rd one day international (cricket) where England take on the West Indies. Yep, more cricket watching that will get me far too heavily involved in what's going on in the game :-)

New cd's :

Goldfrapp's Supernature
KT Tunstall's Drastic Fantastic
Gorillaz Gorillaz album
Paramore's All We Know Is Falling

Yep - my music collection is expanding yet again ... there's now close to 3000 songs in my iTunes library, so it's a good thing my new laptop has a much bigger hard disc than the last one. I've been very impressed with a few of the newer artists to get in there :

Goldfrapp - amazing vocals on show here and the music is sufficiently different to be highly interesting.
KT Tunstall - not as inspired as Alison Goldfrapp but more very high quality music.
Katie Melua - similar to KT Tunstall here, hunting her 3rd album now.

There's a bit of a common theme in that list isn't there ... Gotta admit that I do have a thing for quality female vocalists :-) I do listen to other things, Paul Simon's Hearts and Bones is a particularly good album that I'd forgotten about. And it's not just mainstream, there's a couple of Iron Maiden albums new to the iTunes library too.

In other news, I think I embarrassed one of the canteen girls today.

Hey ! It wasn't my fault I walked up behind her while she was singing "Love Is In The Air" ... This is the same canteen girl (aka Ms Cantina) who was desperate for me to nibble her waffles last week. I shall have to see if she's still blushing when I go bacon sarnie hunting tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to chilling out over the weekend and Easter can't come too soon. Needing a break from work to recharge my own batteries. For some strange reason, our bodies don't run on AA cells like everything else does ... Although demolishing a pizza or a bowl of pasta seems guaranteed to get the motor running again :-)

PS I told Ms Cantina while paying for my muffin that I'd be humming "Love Is In The Air" for the rest of the day and yep - that song is still in my head :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week. We all need alone time once in a while to catch up on stuff and recharge the battery.

    Here via NetChick. She said hi too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying new CDs is always therapeutic but I so hear you on the battery thing. Easter cannot come fast enough!

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.