Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Flags and emblems

They're important, they give people a sense of identity. I always know who I belong to when it comes to the England flag or the Union Flag and I also feel a bit of a lift when I see people running by on WoW videos with the guild tabard on. It's part of the identity we've got for the guild. Here's an example of what it looks like :



Mine's the character in the middle and you can just about make out the gold coins that make up the pattern of the Mercenaries' tabard. That's Iceangel, the frost mage who has recently expanded her repertoire into having a bit of fun with fire. We've had that design for well over a year now and we're getting a bit bored of it. We're needing a bit of inspiration though on what we're going to use, here are a couple of ideas so far :


That's my warrior in something close to her latest thumping things outfit. Maybe it needs a different colour for the symbol there, although one theme we're trying to bring out is "darkness".
One from the guild leader :

Not bad ... There's been a couple more ideas done but I think we're starting to lack inspiration. If you'd like to help out, there's a handy tabard designer ... However, to get the image on a character, you'd need to have World of Warcraft on your PC.
Oh, here's my final effort as a bit of fun that will never happen :

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.