Sunday, January 12, 2020

Back to work and exploring

Hello everyone,

We all went back to work this week, so you can guess what that means ... traffic mayhem ! I kinda avoided it for a couple of days by disappearing mostly before the traffic kicked off with the getting bad but got caught out in the mornings.

But first ... thumbnail pic !
I've been out and about again finding the pretty things with the internet spaceship.

The phone thing has been resolved, although .... I now need accessories. I'm liking the Pixel 4 so far and getting used to how it's different to the Galaxy S7 but there is something that's a bit too good with it. It's too shiny. Which translates to it being super slippy and having a tendency to bounce. So it needs a cover. I think the Pixel 4 is perhaps a bit too new and rare though for suitable covers to be widely available though for an acceptable price. Will have to keep looking.

The other accessory I'm looking for revolves around keeping it charged up ... The battery life has been good so far but I like to have the ability to charge up from multiple places. That means leads for home, work and the car. Because .... everyone forgets to put their phone on charge overnight sometimes.

What I'm likely to be acquiring is a combined bluetooth speaker and charging pad and that will help out keeping the laptop audible as well as charging the phone. Cos I have limited plug space as well ! And a combined bluetooth speaker and charging pad will save a socket. I've been doing a little research there too, as I already use bluetooth for sending audio from iTunes to my hifi and I'm relieved that I can use two separate devices for sending audio to two different places. Phew ! (It stresses the bluetooth a bit and the audio can break up sometimes but I'm ok with that)

Bit of a bang heading back in to work but it's good to be back and around people again.

Oh and ... watched Knives Out as well on Friday. I'd recommend it if you're interested in fun, smart, witty detective stories. Definitely one that I enjoyed.

Internet spaceships ? I figured out the answer to "What next?" And it was "Go find pretty things"
Bit of a false start with a visit to the local prison ship. (Oops)
And then we're off in the latest addition to the fleet, the Searching For Potatoes seen here picking up some improvements. Yep, another meme name.
From fairly early on in the trip, checking out a ringed metallic planet.
One thing I'm enjoying about this ship is a more open cockpit. Gives more chance to look at what's around.
This particular trip is taking me around stars of scientific interest. The cockpit pic was of Betelgeuse, a red super giant which could well be starting the next stage of its evolution. When its hydrogen runs out, it starts to burn and fuse heavier elements. The redder star is a carbon star, which may well be what Betelgeuse evolves in to.
Pretty ship is pretty. I like the design of this one too.
And silhouetted in from of VY Canis Majoris, another red super giant.
A more humble star, with rings ... Which may be a bit daft astronomically.
Been hunting the nebulae too ...
The game has been stressing my wrist a little apparently though. So it's good to find a place to rest up and repair. So this is the last one for today's post ... on approach to the Orion Nebula Visitor Centre.

Back later this week for more !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.