Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Taking a cruise, solving the puzzles, finding the prize

More internet spaceships again ....
I'm admitting straight up too that I've been reading guides here and not solving stuff on my own :-).

That's the last ship by the way, the "Captain of Elysium" with a name that follows a trend I've been using for the Federation combat ships. This one was a Federation Assault Ship and a pretty satisfying ship to fly around too. I've been indulging in the engineering to customise and handily improve the components that go on the ship.
One of those Pews is not like the other two Pew Pews. Before then though, I did a bit more investigation of the crashed ship that I found* (looked up while researching to discover it was a good place to go).
A sighting of the Thargoid scout ship, this time in much better light. Oh and as always, click for bigger.
Cue obligatory declaration of "I did not crash that ship officer, honest guv."
That's the newest ship. She's the "Chrissa's New Potato", after HeyChrissa who is one of my most preferred streamers to have on. The joke is in the name, she thinks she has potato looks (Nope) and in my last Elite save, I attached the name "Chrissa's Potato" to the most potato like looking ship. It's an Asp Explorer and in the very original Elite with its wire frame graphics, it had the profile of a flattened off pentagon. It's a good name.

Seen above there getting some quite hefty engineering work done to prepare her for going to Infinity .... and beyond ! (Or to the opposite side of the galaxy and back). There was a mission to perform before heading off though ...
I've found a night vision system .... I like.
Doesn't work for the remote camera shots though. What could be in these mysterious ruins ?
A curious obelisk, what could the markings mean ?
Shooting these pillars makes light come out of the top.
The defenders were spirited .... but their missiles were no match for the point defences on my conveniently close by ship.
The puzzle is solved but what will the reward be ? The defenders are attempting to make the reward one of dust .... (Yes, being shot at while taking the screenie !)
A lovely light show heralds the appearance of an orb ... with data.
The objective is achieved, so it's time to head off back to the base ship.
And a last pit stop before heading off to finish off the fit.

In Elite speak, it's an Asp Explorer capable of jumping 61.47ly when fully fueled (that's a lot) and I'll be able to jump up to maybe 640ly before needing to refuel. Handy.

The objective will be to head off on an exploration binge that'll probably be what I'm doing in the game for a good few months. There should be some awesome looking screenshots coming :-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.