Sunday, March 10, 2019

Upgrades and Sequels

Friday was car day !

This means you need a picture ....
There we go. Old grey shiny and new red shiny. And me, showing them both up.

It didn't quite go as per the original plan ... I'm feeling the burn out exhaustion creeping up on me again, which is one reason why there haven't been as many posts lately. I have my first week off of this year coming in the middle of April. Not too long to go. I'll have to find some excuses to go to places.

Plan A was to head off into Cardiff but I emerged from the car place a little too late for that. I also hadn't had any lunch because an unwelcome distraction at work needed stamping on. We're organised into Functions and mine has just woken up to something in my profile that I want to avoid doing ... I'll be removing it from my profile tomorrow, it's a skill thing which could pigeon hole me into a soul destroying dead end. I'm happy using that as a minor part of a main job, as I am at the moment but it's an area of non-engineering that I'm looking to avoid being dead ended into. However the functions think they can move people around to suit the whims of people demanding that other people be found to meet gaps they can't normally recruit into.

It's a really bad system and it's causing massive retention issues.

Anyway .... car ! Here's another angle :
The red works well.

The spec between old and new is pretty close. I have had a couple of upgrades though in a Protection Pack which includes parking sensors (very nice, I'd missed those), something shiny and chrome and some bits to protect the boot.

I think there are a few other small upgrades as well.

Plan A was to head off into Cardiff for some shop wandering and while I was at it, take some pictures of the car at the viewing spot by the Severn Bridge. Rain intervened with the bridge pics and I'd have arrived at Cardiff at about 4.30, just in time for traffic mayhem and with no time to bimble before the more interesting shops closed up.

But I did get a picture by a bridge :
So shiny you could see your face in it ! Maybe not. But if you look really close, there's a reflection of a me in that picture ... And the Avonmeads bridge behind it.

The travelling (including lunch at the really nice Gloucester services and a raiding of their farm shop) got me to Avonmeads just in time for the Lego Movie 2 which .... was still fun. Maybe not nearly as inspired as the first movie but still a lot of fun to watch.

That was pretty much me toasted for the weekend though, got back in time (via the supermarket !) to watch a great England thumping of the West Indies in the cricket. Definitely enjoyed watching that.

Oh and .... cake ?
Need more cake. (And the dwagon needed bigger legs !)

I've been in the games a little bit again as well, I dredged up an old save in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Kotor 2) yesterday and enjoyed bimbling around that. It feels incredibly linear compared to the first game though. Odd. There's a lot more shades of grey in this one though compared to other Star Wars games.

Need to have a look at Mutant Year Zero too, which arrived courtesy of Humble Bundle. It's another tactical style game.

But before then ... Roll4it has their Stargate Horizons finale tonight, there's more Eng vs WI T20 and I'm looking forward to a bumper weekend next week where it's :

World Endurance Championship at Sebring on Friday night (I'll record this and watch it Saturday);
Formula 1 is back in Australia (same with recording to watch at a more hospitable time)
And the finale of the Six Nations. It's looking like a Wales Grand Slam this year ... unless Ireland stop them.

Later !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.