Monday, November 26, 2018

A Little Lego ... oh and Steam sales happened.

December is almost here ! Which means Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar again ....

Looking forward to that. But ... here's a little teaser.
Can you tell what it is yet ? A smaller kit this time and yep, there's a preview in the background.
A humble beginning.
A sturdy centre building up.
A central ball, nearly complete.
Engines at the back.
Suddenly TIE Fighter !
And a different angle. There's a sudden jump to the end because you attach one wing at a time and it's a bit lopsided with just the one wing.

A good counterpart to the older little XWing that I have.
There we go. An enjoyable quick build, both of them.

Did I mention Steam sales ? It's the first one of the season, following the Black Friday mania. It's a good time for acquiring games, with a couple of Steam sales plus I'll be contributing to the Yogscast Jingle Jam as well which comes with games. It'll be odd choosing when I give the contribution because the main channel and most of the people there have migrated to a style which .... I'm definitely not a fan of. Just means I don't watch them and instead watch the people I enjoy (their links are in the right hand column). There is that charity (and many games/soundtracks) thing though.

The acquisitions this time around have been Skyrim Special Edition, which has given me an excuse for another restart and because it has all of the DLCs, I can mod the hell out of it ....
This is the new Bashara, which is going to be built as a heavily armoured tank with a big bashing thing. The character model is very definitely enhanced there, plus the rest of the textures have been upgraded too.

Skyrim Special Edition (plus mods) is above, this one is from a still modded but a bit less ordinary Skyrim.
I haven't actually got to the city of Whiterun there yet, so no comparative looks. But it should look a lot better with the mods.

What else ?
Glass Masquerade is a lovely little puzzle game which I've been trying out in short doses.
Slay the Spire is a card based adventure game, not tried yet.
Bomber Crew is a WW2 bomber game. I'd hesitate to call it a simulation.
Space Pirates and Zombies 2 is a space strategy combat game.
And I've saved a little bit of the vouchers that the old team at work got me so I can put them towards the Stellaris DLC coming in a couple of weeks.

More to come in the Jingle Jam ! Probably .... more to come in the Steam Xmas sale. I've also got my eye on a game called Starsector, which is another space strategy game. Gotta finish the ones I have my head in at the moment though, which means :

Adventuring in Skyrim .... and continuing the campaign of Space Viking Racing in Motorsport Manager. My mob just got promoted to the top league and there's a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.