Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Book 11 - A Book of Art, a Game of Mechs

Perhaps a cheeky one this but ...

It's a 454 page art book !!! There were huge numbers of pictures but I think that counts.

What was it you ask ? I've done what you shouldn't really do with gaming (again). Preorder. The game in question is the new Battletech game, where you are in charge of a Mercenary corporation hiring out your Battlemechs to those who are willing to hire you.

Have Mech, Will Travel.

I've definitely been enjoying the game so far and I have an EnterElysium episode going in another window. The Merc company is going well so far. I think in the last mission, it was my 4 against 2 enemies sure but we came out unscathed. Which means barrelling straight into the next mission. Tomorrow. Or Friday. Or at the weekend. Tired now so I've come out of the game.

Pictures ?
As usual, click for bigger.

The idea is, Big Robots, Big Guns, Lots of Missiles and a few lasers too. I really enjoyed playing Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries in my first years with a PC and MechCommander 2 was another highlight of a strategy game. Starsiege was a good one as well for Big Robot Fights, although that was set in another universe.

The book ?

I picked up the Digital Collectors Edition (disclosure note - I paid, wasn't a free copy) which had the art book with it, plus a 60 track soundtrack. Lots of value there. What's in the book ?

A decent amount of concept art;
Drawings for the stars of the show, the Battlemechs;
Building concept art;
Character art ... including a few spoilers;
Spaceship art.

You can probably predict that I quite liked this art book. 454 pages !!! Of course I'm gonna like that :-).

I am knackered now though or I'd have stayed in for just one more mission ... I'm in early days so far. I have managed to name my mechs though.
There we go.

Yeah, I need to work on my names and maybe even look up a few of the names from my last post. From left to right it's :

Shadowhawk class : Peregrine Avenger
Blackjack class : Fury Iceangel, this is my character's (Iceangel) ancestral mech so the name followed
Vindicator class : Zen Liberator, a few lasers
And the Spider scout : Panda Avenger

Too many avengers perhaps. And that movie is definitely one I want to watch before the spoilers come out. Maybe tomorrow evening depending on how I'm feeling !

Legoland is a possibility on Friday too. I have a bunch of flexi credit saved up and I don't think I need to be in on Friday.

We shall see. For now though, Enter Elysium video, iTunes music, HeyChrissa stream and a bit more reading of The Expanse.

Oh ! Back to the games I abandoned at the weekend. I was finding them annoying and tricky to play. An interface that got in the way instead of being intuitive (especially with Satellite Reign !). I've gotten on well with the Battlemech interface so far. It's properly turn based so it gives you time to do what you want to do.

That's for another evening though. Back to the Kindle !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.