Thursday, November 17, 2011

Threshold

Ever feel like you're on the threshold of something about to happen ?

I kinda feel like that at the moment.

Can't really explain it though. I know there's a few changes that are definitely going to happen at work sooner or later, although part of that is inevitable because no project lasts forever. One change has already happened with the car (novelty hasn't worn off yet). That's not it though. I have a feeling this incoming change will be far more wonderful than just mundane things.

I don't tend to deal well with change though. My mind likes a certain amount of stability which extends even as far as preferring other people to be happy instead of me. Even where there's some people I really fancy, if I know they're happy with their partner that adds another little rock for that stability. In a way, I value their happiness over mine. It contributes to an "all is well in the world" feeling.

Tis a little lonely though.

Maybe I've been thinking about relationships (and lack of) a fair bit lately. Maybe I've met my dream girl already but didn't actually realise it. Or I mentally locked out the possibility.

Who knows what the future will hold, what I do know is that there's a certain someone out there who dominates my thoughts to the point where there's barely any room for anything else. And as far as change goes, I have my granite like inertia but as soon as I commit to a change, I commit whole heartedly.

Oh, maybe my brain isn't completely mushed - other stuff going on lately includes :

Birthdays ! Cheers to Bionicdwarf, Craziequeen and Aginoth for much appreciated birthday stuff.
Cakes ! Birthday tradition at work. And with us merging with another team, lots of new people not believing me when I let slip my true age :
Age - people still think I'm at least 5 years younger than I am. They want to know my secret ...
Pooter - it's working well, handling a 10 man Warcraft raid without dropping many frames at maximum detail. Outside of power blips and bad software it has shown Total stability.
Leg - is improving to the point where The Boss looked at it yesterday without her running away screaming (I had lots of fun there with Vampire Eyes after my nose got fixed)
Dvd stuff - I know where the problem is for definite now with those silent audio blips - it's the amp. Meh.
Dvd stuff - Meh turns to more use for Xbox as dvd player :-)
Old games - I have these working again with a solution that I might put on my techie blog at some point.
Health - leg has improved but I've been feeling like I've been hit by a truck. My muscles are also rebelling. Need to figure out what I'm needing to eat to counteract that, it's usually a sure sign I'm missing something critical.

Right - time to hit the shower before a bit of gaming and music before sleep. And despite the theme of the first half of this post, that ain't gonna be a cold shower. My back would never forgive me !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.