Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hanging tough

Thought I'd put a post in t'other day but it appears to have been eaten ... (or I didn't post it !)

Been struggling lately - I'm into Day 8 of a damaged back. I had 4 days of struggling to move at all which has moderated down to just being stiff with occasional flashes of Ow.

My back is one of my long term injuries, the ones that never really healed. I originally damaged it by trying to bowl too fast for too long, before my body was really ready for the loads I was putting through it. I've never been one for overdoing the training and it's the training that conditions you for using the muscles and techniques in games. So I get injured a lot. The problem in my back hits the lower lumber area (the bit just above your bum) and the issues it causes run down into my legs.

It's one reason why my left leg likes to tense itself up, the nerves controlling the leg get caught up in the restrictions when my back gets awkward one me.

But - after flaring up on Wednesday last week, it finally started releasing on Saturday night allowing me to go back to work on Monday. Despite what you hear about civil servants, there were no sick days involved with the Friday being annual leave :-). In fact, I've not had a sick day in probably 5 years. I don't get bugs too often, plus I'd rather struggle in than mope at home. Moping for me leads to a negative circle where I just feel worse.

I'd much prefer to be in to catch a grin from the Snow Queen, The Boss, Queen B, Mrs Sunshine, Lady P, Aphrodite & Athena and all the rest. Like the Raccoon plus the Scottish Go-To-Girl who I had the chance to grin at yesterday, usually it's just figuring things out over the phone. Yep, there's a few new codenames in there as we've moved around a bit and joined in with another team.

It's still a good place to be, although the old team has broken up somewhat as the organisation and project evolves. We've consistently kept on top of things over the years because we pull together as a team to crack problems professionally. Leaving it to someone else is not considered an option !

Yep - struggle with the back and all, plus I'm approaching the need for another easy chilling out week. No move yet for a car, I'm still waiting out the garages who are not wanting to admit to any prices. Hell - I have time on my side this time and in 6 weeks (End Aug, Start Sept) cars get cheaper because that's when the registration plates change.

No cricket at the moment, with the tiredness it's not a good idea as that's when you get injured. The back is a liability plus I have a wound on my leg (possibly a carry over from last year's shin thing) that only decided to start healing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.