Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday Thirteen - more Top 40

It's a Thursday Thirteen day again, I'm doing this Top 40 thing so I get an excuse to zero my iTunes playcounts ... what can I do !

Top 40 - I left it at 21 last time so now it's numbers 20 to 11 with a bonus three to finish.

1 - At 20 with 58 plays is one of the best tracks ever to come out of All About Eve, it's Wild Hearted Woman (with a bonus for the first 3 minutes). I know a couple of these, they're great fun to be around but you have to watch for getting burned ...

2 - At 19 with 59 plays is Crowded House with Four Seasons In One Day. I'm fully intending to camp the telly for Friday pm and the weekend to watch Ryder Cup Golf. And I'm betting Four Seasons in One Day is something I'll be watching.

3 - More weather related stuff (an omen ?) as Crowded House tell of the Weather With You in the 18 spot.

4 - 17 is All About Eve again with What Kind Of Fool (typically bad BBC sound engineering there). There's a line here "leaves all their treasure to rust in the rain". That'd be my chav neighbour (not CK) who's left a box of tools outside his front door, separated from the pavement by a small sapling. They've been there for months without mysteriously disappearing ...

5 - 16th sees Kate Bush with the signature track of the Lionheart album : Oh England, My Lionheart. It's in the middle of this album and when it starts up you just stop and go Wow. For the second time because the track Wow comes up earlier.

6 - 15th is more Kate Bush singing about what we all know : Mother Stands For Comfort. This one is from the Hounds Of Love album, need to listen to these again - soon ! Remember folks, whatever the trackname says, our mom's need our support too. Look after them :-)

7 - 14th is back to All About Eve with the final track off the Touched By Jesus album. Are You Lonely ? Yeah, I get pretty lonely these days. But I have some great friends that take the edge off that. Oh, that's not whale music that starts it, that's David Gilmour of Pink Floyd playing with his guitar.

8 - 13th. A change ! Tori Amos with Space Dog. This one is typical Tori Amos, quirky and fun. Have a listen, it'll make you grin.

9 - 12th is a favourite of advertisers. You'll definitely recognise Aquarium when you hear it, originally from Carnival Of The Animals. Beautiful piece and it's the most listened to piece of classical or soundtrack music in my library.

10 - 11th in the library and last for today and it's Kate Bush again with one of the most sensual tracks ever written. It's what I hope I am : The Man With The Child In His Eyes.

11 - and the first of today's random tracks ... There's a couple more albums on the way to me, the first is the one that got away from Sleeper. The new album is Smart but here's one from their first album. You know when things fall to bits and you wonder : What Do I Now ? Classic Sleeper, hoping for more like this from Smart.

12 - the other album on the way is KT Tunstall's new Tiger Suit. Linky here is to Suddenly I See, as an answer to the last track :-) Great video.

13th - Has to be a tribute to one of the Great Hollywood actors who died today. Always a star, Tony Curtis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.