Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For Better Days

Got my fingers crossed for some better days soon. Lots of people I know seem to be not doing so well at the moment and rarely for me, I seem to be joining them ...

There's our Snow Queen who's suffering at the moment, that usually sweet clear voice is now unusually husky. I still have most of the control of my voice but I'm sharing the energy issues cos of last night's events ...

The nuts bit back.

Don't think any of the messy details are needed so I'll not scribble them down :-) Suffice it to say I didn't get much sleep last night due to dehydration making my leg muscles cramp up on me. Not all at once but one at a time through the night. Grr. No lasting damage though :-) But I've been a little spaced today due to the lack of sleep and metabolising a bit too much of those bad nuts.

But a bit of food poisoning and bugs won't stop people like me and the Snow Queen from coming in to work :-) Even though our Snow Queen has had people saying she should go home and sleep off da bugs. Ms Cantina's been off colour as well lately but I've still had the pleasure of sharing a grin with her in the canteen area when I pick up my lunch :-)

However our problems pale in comparison to what's facing another of my colleagues. Let's call her The Rose because she resembles the quintessential English Rose. Our Rose has a tall athletic figure and there's a strength of personality that suggests you don't want to feel the thorns :-) She works in another section of my team but I sadly don't have the pleasure of having a chance to say "hello" too much. I usually spot The Rose as she's walking up and down the floorplate and it takes a lot of control to look away :-) Staring is rude. But if I'm spotted I occasionally get a small smile answering my traditional grin :-)

Trouble is though, that small smile has been somewhat shadowed lately, due to the health problems our Rose is suffering. They make food poisoning and bugs look insignificant.

Fingers crossed that she comes through ok. Looking forward to seeing that smile again, without the shadow that comes from serious health issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.