Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Going green

I'm not exactly what you'd call the poster boy for Green issues. I drive, which is something the environmentalists will succeed in banning sooner or later, plus I've managed to avoid the craze of energy saving stuff. I leave my PC on all day, taking care not to leave Messenger running on it seeing as MSN seems to be developing a habit of signing in all on its own. At least my PC's running the BOINC program on it, which means at any one time it's helping medical research, looking for aliens or running climate models.

The anti-green is changing a little though - I'm down to my last spare lightbulb in my living room, which means energy saving lightbulb ! Comes to something when you have to go green cos you don't know if you're going to be able to buy normal stuff.

The next step might be to get a bike ... Part of the environmentalist lobby's not very devious plan is to ban cars by not allowing them to park anywhere. In the next couple of years, I may have to start paying to drive near my work place. Well - after a month or six, the cash spent on a bike will start to be less than what parking would be clocking up.

Gotta run - the Wow people are calling me !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.