Thursday, February 02, 2006

New credit card please

I've been a bit let down by my previous credit card company.

The first thing they did was to break their original promises by reducing the 0.5% (potentially 1%) cashback rate down to 0.25%. Bit irritated by that but shrugged and didn't think it was worth changing just for that.

The reason they have let me down is Chip & Pin. Without a Chip & Pin card, I won't be able to use the card in shops come 14th Feb. Which makes having a credit card pretty pointless. I prodded them about a month ago on this but have still not got the card. Makes me wonder whether they do actually want my business ... My bank on the other hand, have given me a Chip & Pin card.

Ah well - byebye one credit card, hello to the new one :-). I'll be hanging on to the old one until it's time for the last year's cashback to appear, then it's gone. Now it's time to tell off the bank for making it awkward to change a mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.